Juventus have agreed a deal with Tottenham to sign Guglielmo Vicario on an initial season-long loan, with the agreement including an £8.5m (€10m) option to buy the goalkeeper permanently, according to Sky Sports.
The agreement follows Juventus’s shift away from Emiliano Martinez and towards Vicario, who joined Tottenham from Empoli in 2023.

Juventus had previously been targeting Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez but cooled their interest after the Premier League club rejected an £8.5m offer for the Argentine. Villa’s valuation and Martinez’s ongoing injury issues, including a knock to his finger, led Juventus to turn their attention to Vicario.
Sky Sports News reported in June that Vicario was expected to leave Tottenham, with Antonin Kinsky their first-choice goalkeeper. Juventus’s move for the Italian came after their interest in Martinez and Zion Suzuki.
Villa have agreed a £29.9m (€35m) deal with Parma to sign Japan goalkeeper Zion Suzuki, a player Juventus had also targeted on loan if he completed a move to Paris Saint-Germain. Suzuki’s proposed move to PSG stalled, giving Villa fresh encouragement to complete a permanent transfer.

The pursuit of Suzuki leaves Martinez’s future at Villa in doubt, despite a contract running until 2029. A representative of the player told Sky Sports News on August 5 that he was happy at the club and looking forward to the new season. Gustavo Goni of the Universal TwentyTwo agency said Martinez has never asked to leave Villa Park, despite interest from Manchester United last summer and from Juventus and Inter Milan this summer.
With Juventus having agreed the Vicario deal, a move for Martinez is off the cards, according to Sky Sports’ Patrick Rowe. Vicario’s proposed move is structured as a season-long loan with an option for Juventus to make the transfer permanent.
The post Juventus turn to Vicario as Martinez pursuit ends appeared first on Juvefc.com.